Know Thy Self
How to Find the Right Meditation Center
Today, meditation has become almost indispensable because of too much competition and conflict. People are trying to find peace and tranquility. They began to realize that some important things are missing in their lives. Maybe you are among one of them. To meet this demand, various meditation centers are built by meditation practitioners and experts to offer their help and provide a sense of clarity.
Before you proceed in finding a meditation center, you need to learn first the different forms of meditations.
- Yoni Mudra is one of the easiest types of meditation incorporating these steps.
• Use your thumbs to close your ears.
• Use your index fingers for covering your eyes.
• Pinch your nostrils with your middle fingers.
• Use the remaining fingers for pressing your lips closely.
• Release the middle fingers when you breathe in and breathe out while doing your meditation.
- Category Concentration helps you to become more focused on the things needed to meditate properly. This technique is very beneficial. It narrows down the objects and trains your mind to concentrate better.
- Simple Meditation. Beginners usually prefer this meditation, one among the best types of meditation. You can designate a peaceful and clean place wherein you can utilize your 10 to 20 minutes of deep silence. Constantly, you can obtain more control of your senses and mind as you increase the duration of time.
- Walking Meditation helps you to concentrate your mind as you walk. This type of meditation is quite difficult to practice, but constant practice is really beneficial. It involves concentration on your feet.
- Transcendental Meditation. One of the most researched and controversial types of meditation. Its objective is to increase your creativity and intelligence. In this strategy, you are required to master a few special postures and complex breathing techniques. Concentration is needed while sitting on a chair or a comfortable posture.
- Mindfulness Meditation. Buddhists practiced this meditation known to them as Vipassana. It involves regular practice to become aware of the things happening around you as well as what you are doing at that very moment.
- Journey Meditation involves visualization to arrive at a state of meditation. People who can visualize things early choose this type among others. You can note the things which cause tension, fatigue, and anxiety by closing your eyes and trying to achieve peacefulness about it.
- Vibrational Meditation. A particular sound or a word is uttered repeatedly and becomes the central focus of this meditation. Vibrations are then created from the sound or word which passes through the body. You don't need to concentrate on something else, simply chant the word or create the sound all over again.
- Movement Meditation. Accompanied sometimes with music or dancing to achieve a meditative state.
- Body Scan Meditation. Done by lying down and focusing on all the parts of your body.
- Navel and Breath Meditation. The oldest form of meditation recorded in India and China, incorporating various breathing techniques to control breathing.
- Central Channel Meditation. A method originated from the Taoist, appropriate for starters who wants a crash mediation course.
Now, it is easy for you to choose the right meditation center and ensure that your needs will be met.